lunes, 3 de agosto de 2020

Master of textile and color

Last year I had the opportunity and the honor to participate in an artistic residency in Peru, with the Peruvian textile artist Maximo Laura. Apart from being very humble and simple, he gave his knowledge of textiles and the theory of color, openly showing his cosmovision of the world and how he sees life through his art. Maximo Laura is recognized for being one of the most influential artists within the American and world scene, in the world of textiles and large scale tapestries. In 2016 I went to Machu Picchu and one day to get to know Lima we went downtown to visit an art gallery. I was amazed and I commented openly that I loved textiles and that I had never seen anything like it, and he was next to me and asked me which was my favorite. He invited me to his artistic residency, giving me the information to apply for the next year so that I could meet him more last year during my stay in Peru. This was one of the most beautiful experiences I've had in every sense! I consider my teacher to be the best and a fundamental part of the love I have for the textile art.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario